As we approached the day that another little boy would be added to our family, Savannah commented that when she was a mom she was going to have one boy and five girls. After asking her some questions regarding this statement I discovered that the "one boy" she mentioned was going to be her husband. Savannah is sure her four children are all going to be girls. This is the first time she has really mentioned any desire for boys or girls in a family and she loves having little brothers, but it got me thinking about how the dynamics in a family change over the years.
Savannah and I now stand together and outnumbered on the girl side of the fence and we are fortunate that Savannah is the oldest of the children (and at least twice the size of two of the boys) and that I am usually the boss, or at least the most bossy (no offense, Paul!). I have found myself referring to Sid, Austin, and William (or any combination thereof) as "the boys" because it's much easier than trying to remember all of their names (plus I keep catching myself about to call William by Austin’s name anyway). "The boys" have now gained enough numbers to form a small team, and Austin has become a Siddo follower, so they can work together quite well to unnerve the girls in the house (especially Savannah). Savannah and I will do our best to carry on and will rely upon survival skills brought down through centuries of surviving women...the boys can continue to reside in the house as long as they maintain the practices of saying "I love you," giving hugs and cuddles, and as long as I keep a good dose of chocolate around!






3 comments:
Grace and I feel the same way! She's been asking me for a little sister, maybe later fo now she'll just have to enjoy her little girl friends. Those pictures are so cute! Maybe you guys should have some more girls, it looks like Paul's lap is full! :)
I suppose another reason I get to stay is because I bring home the paycheck that pays for the house that you allowed me to come home to. Oh, and I love you and here are some extra hugs and cuddles, just incase.
Go Girl Power!
I wish I had a little more of that in my house. (Alas, I stand alone.) Hopefully some day that situation will be different!
Post a Comment