Friday, September 10, 2010

BIG trouble...and BIGGER trouble!

Trouble.
I've asked all of my kids to stay small, but they certainly don't cooperate. I guess I should be thankful Matthew actually made it to four months of age before this idea occurred to him (the last two didn't last that long).
Of course, I don't recall them taunting me while increasing their mobility.
These are Matthew's two new tricks...thinking he can roll over (and has received the proper permission), and spitting and slobbering all over the place (which IS a perfectly acceptable behavior and HAS been granted permission). I'm glad he is having a good time.
Since we all know this little guy is simply demonstrating what monstrosities are likely to occur when little people don't listen to their mom, the second case of trouble is currently being labeled as the bigger of the two. Plus, the culprit really is the bigger of the two.
These dismembered specimens were previously native to the bedroom wall until a very cute red-headed toddler saw fit to relocate them and detach their limbs, rip their heads cleanly in two, and/or disconnect their tails. The troublesome little boy climbed the steep cliffs of babycribville to accomplish this astounding feat and skillfully conquered the native animals while his baby brother witnessed the events.
I guess I should be thankful that I discovered this when I was still 90% asleep and, therefore, so tired that I couldn't work up much of a response other than a really sad face and that he took his frustrations out on paper animals and did not rip his baby brother to shreds. I am glad the in-trouble-trying-to-be-big-and-roll-over baby brother was spared...and smiling...and, believe it or not, in the midst of another mobile attempt.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

By the way...the smaller trouble officially rolled all the way over this morning. Good work, little guy. :)