Matthew hit his plant exploration and recovery phases and I was feeling really good about moving forward with alive plants (except one pot that was cracked years ago that finally bit the dust--I never really liked that pot and am glad it's a goner). We went out of town for spring break last week and upon our return the plants became a novelty once again.
The big problem is that now that he is about a month and a half older, my boy is old enough to think the whole thing is really funny. Not only is dirt really cool, but Matthew will crawl over to the plants, take a good look at his mom, shake his head (as if saying "no"), plaster a HUGE grin on his face, and dig in! It has now officially become a game of dart-toward-the-plant-watch-mom-grab-me. He was laughing hysterically yesterday every time I snagged him before he got to the plants (again). Today I walked down the stairs to find my sweet little guy creating his own sand box in the family room.
He is so cute and that plant is such a mess. Good thing we've had them all since before we were married, so I am about ready for new ones anyway. I think Matthew is going to help me look for house plants on our date tonight since Paul is out of town. I hope he helps by pointing out which are the least interesting to him.
"I guess I can put some back again!"






No comments:
Post a Comment