Thursday, February 19, 2009

Birthday Cakes

Austin had his birthday yesterday (he's three now!!) and I decided to share some of the birthday cakes that I have made for my kids over the years. These are just a few of my favorites and I do not claim to be an expert at all. I just do it because I think it's fun!

Austin's 3rd birthday (yesterday)--Alligator
Savannah's 5th birthday--She wanted a rainbow and sunshine

Savannah's 4th birthday--Care Bear

Sid's 3rd birthday--Train

Savannah's 6th birthday--"Flowers with butterflies" was the request


Makayla's 6th birthday (she's my niece)--This mini-cake was a last-minute idea since I didn't want to make a hundred cupcakes. The "popcorn" is really marshmallows, don't worry.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so crafty... my favorite is that you feel that you have to identify what each cake is, but they are pretty obvious because you do a great job... I'm sorry for my kids that get lame cakes (unless they go to your house and get a great popcorn cake for Makayla!!!) I love your great ideas!!! Good job

Shelly said...

Should I post the popcorn cake?!? Maybe I will add it in...

Melody said...

Wow! I'm impressed! How did you do the alligator cake? I was recently trying to decide what to do for Eli's first birthday. I'm thinking a snake cake...?

Tiffany said...

Not an expert? Those look awesome!

Bugs said...

I guess I don't love my kids as much as you love yours. IF they are lucky mine get to choose the color of frosting I slap on the top.

trevandcherribrooks said...

Those are adorable. I'm stuck with making a regular cake and sticking toys on top! Awesome.