I never thought I'd be a bird watcher. This has changed over the past few weeks. I have been working on all of the kids' scrapbooks and it is quite a daunting task. When I first began, I set up a big table in the master bedroom in the best spot ever--right in front of the window. Since this task is so enormous, I find myself procrastinating and staring out the window. As a result, I have discovered the interesting behavior of Canadian geese and have also become a bird-watcher.Every day we enjoy the visiting geese who seem to be standing out there trying not to freeze to death. I guess they are probably eating the wheat grass too. "Eh, this looks like a great spot for a landing, eh." "Yeah, eh, how about some of this frozen, organic wheat grass, eh? It's even topped with the fertilizer we left here yesterday, eh?" Who knew we had such "green," all-natural, granola geese visiting here from Canada? Do you think they have Visas, or are they just here on vacation?
One day we watched as a man ran out onto the field to scare away all the geese. The flock took off and it was amazing to see hundreds of geese in the sky (Sid's eyes were HUGE as he listened to all the squawking). It was also really funny to watch him run out there and back, trying to take large leaps, yet step in between the rows of wheat. Was he aware that busting in on the wheat-fest was ruining our international relationships with the Canadian wildlife population?






3 comments:
I keep picturing canadian moose (from Brother Bear) in my mind when I read the geese speaking. Very clever, eh, Shelly.
You're funny, Shelly. Instead of geese, Kyler loves to watch the Skid Steere tractor that shovels snow outside our window. Also better than TV.
hee hee hee.. you make me giggle. does that guy think he can keep them out forever? those canadians are tricky, they'll get the best of him!
Post a Comment